At this point you may have run a Q&I session if not please read this first! The question we are trying to address with this post is how to get our brains into a place where ideas are welcome and connections come easily. Enter Squiggly birds a technique developed by David Gray you can watch a quick video here. As David says we are our brains are pattern finding machines, we can extract meaning from anything. This exercise warms your brain up to find patterns in anything.
- How long: 2-3 minutes
- How many people: 1-1000
- What do I need: Blank Paper and Pencils
- Explain the method
- Demonstrate the squiggling
- Find a bird
- Start the clock
- Start the group scribbling
- Once the group has a page full of squiggles
- Find the bird in your squiggle
- Try - turn the page upside down, stare hard, gaze softly, look sideways
- Find the birds
Now your brain is all fired up to find new patterns in anything you and everything you do.